Saturday, February 27, 2010

Take a good look. Take a photo. Write about it in your tiny notebook.

I'm going to really try and do outfit-a-day posts. I figure this will be interesting and also motivate me to actually wear the 37578493658 articles of clothing I own rather than pulling on skinnies, boots and a v-neck/cardigan combo like I have been all winter.

So, this is what I wore out to run errands with my Mom, aunt and Grandmother today [and by running errands, I mean driving thirty miles to find the place we were going was closed, turning around and coming back home]. I've been wearing my hair this ridiculously for a few months now. It reminds me of Imogen Heap and that's just fine with me. It's definitely on purpose and definitely not because I'm lazy and just throw bobby pins in it randomly in the morning and hope for the best.


black tee: max azria, $3 [!!!]
belt: can't remember, very cheap
cocoon cardigan: Forever XXI, $8.99
teal tights: target, $4
black lace tights: target, $5
dr. marten knock-off boots: wal-mart, $10
purple bow headband: hot topic, $6.99 [set of four]
skirt: thrifted, $4.99
necklace: made by me!

skirt print & tights detail...

The skirt caught my eye at Goodwill and though $4 is a little more than I usually spend for anything at a thrift store, I got it because I'm in lust with the fruity pebbles/church lady print. It was ankle length but I had visions of a bubble hem, so I safety-pinned the bottom up into the waistband at the front back and sides and voila! Instant bubble hem. Try it.

I always wear too much jewelry, much like an old rich lady..except it's mostly plastic and usually devoid of precious gems

l-r
Betsey Johnson resin jeweled bee ring: christmas gift
silver celtic knot ring: gift [never comes off]
resin/shell ring: pier one, $4
nested yellow olive ring: made by me
purple star ring: random beauty supply store, $1
yellow/black watchband bracelet in background: betsey johnson, christmas gift

Alice in Wonderland watch: Betsey Johnson, christmas gift
[notice a trend? Don't you wish you got literally nothing but Betsey Johnson jewelry for christmas? Well, my girlfriend is mine and you can't have her.



Besides the ridiculous amount of VHS tapes I picked up at Goodwill [Indian in the Cupboard! Lost Highway! Hook!], I also grabbed this adorable red/white/blue muumuu sun dress. I am in love with it and plan to hunt down a gold braided belt and sailor hat then wear it all with my red patent peeptoes with rope-covered wedge heels! Perfect cover-up for the sailor-themed swimsuit I've been gearing up to make. Also, this vintage hat. I almost cried when I saw it and snatched it up like my life depended on it. It will perfectly match the black Rodarte slip dress and black lace Rodarte cardigannnnn. yes.

Anyway! That's all for today

|A|




1 comment:

  1. omg i am obsessed with the rodarte tulle slip dress and cardi- SO AWESOME. i bought the blue spotty dress online and absolutely love it! also love the pink doc rip offs!

    xx
    come visit!
    http://nineteen-candles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete